Friday, January 4, 2008

VICIOUS BASTARDS

I've complained about the inhumane tactics used by fundamentalist Christians when they're proselytizing the Amish. The Amish are capable of being every bit as vile when it comes to religious warfare. I recently had a conversation with an acquaintance who left the Amish about forty years ago. He recently attended his brother in law's funeral who was Old Order Amish. The minister doing the service delivered a blistering message damning wayward members and after the service a family member publicly accosted him for his lapsed membership in a demeaning fashion. By any rational assessment my acquaintance is a dedicated, committed Christian, I don't have any sworn testimony, but I bet a lot of folks think he's a fine human being. I could understand if they couldn't refrain from stepping up the vitriol for a heathen like myself, but damn, that shit ain't right!

No comments: